4th Dragoon Guards
Also known as 4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards
- 1685 raised as the Earl of Arran's Regiment of Cuirassiers formed by regimentation of troops raised earlier in 1685; ranked as 6th Horse; later known as Duke of Hamilton's Regiment of Cuirassiers; also known by the names of nine other colonels
- 1691 ranked as 5th Horse upon disbandment of former 5th Horse
- 1746 ranked as 1st Horse on Irish Establishment; also known as Blue Horse
- 1751 formally titled the 1st Regiment of Horse
- 1788 renamed the 4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards transferred from Irish to British Establishment
- 1921 renamed the 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards
- 1922 amalgamated with 7th Dragoon Guards (Princess Royal's), to form 4th/7th Dragoon Guards
- 1935 became 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards
- 1992 amalgamated with 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards to form The Royal Dragoon Guards
Service in British India
4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards Wikipedia
4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards Wikipedia
Royal Dragoon Guards Wikipedia
4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards including deployments Regiment.org, an archived website.
4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards including deployments Regiment.org, an archived website.
A Brief History of The Royal Dragoon Guards from the now archived website "Museum of The Royal Dragoon Guards"
York Army Museum The regimental museum of The Royal Dragoon Guards and The Yorkshire Regiment. Covers the 4th, 5th and 7th Dragoon Guards and the 6th Dragoons.