5th Infantry, Hyderabad Contingent
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as 98th Infantry
- 1788 raised as 1st Battalion of the Ellichpur Brigade
- 1826 became 7th Regiment of Infantry, Nizam's Army
- 1854 became 5th Infantry, Hyderabad Contingent
- 1903 became 98th Infantry
- 1922 became 4th Battalion 19th Hyderabad Regiment
- 1945 became the Kumaon Regiment
- 1947 allocated to India on Partition
Combat Diary: An illustrated history of operations conducted by 4th Battalion, The Kumaon Regiment 1788 to 1974 by Brigadier Jasbir Singh 2010.
First World War
- 98th Infantry British Empire website
- 98th Infantry Wikipedia
- 19th Hyderabad Regiment Wikipedia
- Kumaon Regiment Wikipedia
- Page 272 Valour and Sacrifice: Famous Regiments of the Indian Army by Gautam Sharma Google Books
Historical books online
- Valour Triumphs: A History of the Kumaon Regiment by K C Praval 1976. Copy and paste the following link in your browser
- http://lib.perdana.org.my/PLF/PLF2/Digital_Content/PLF/000013/OCRed/Valour Triumphs.pdf or
- access the archived version Archive.org.
- Chapter 2, "World War I", page 64, Combat Diary: An illustrated history of operations conducted by 4th Battalion, The Kumaon Regiment 1788 to 1974 by Brigadier Jasbir Singh 2010 Google Books.