19th Hyderabad Regiment
The 19th Hyderabad Regiment was formed in 1922 by the amalgamation of six existing regiments and consisted of five regular battalions and a training battalion
- 1st Battalion - see 94th Russell's Infantry
- 2nd Battalion - see 96th Berar Infantry
- 3rd Battalion - see 97th Deccan Infantry
- 4th Battalion - see 98th Infantry
- 5th Battalion - see 99th Deccan Infantry
- 10th (Training) Battalion - see 95th Russell's Infantry
In 1923, the 1/50th Kumaon Rifles which had been grouped with the Jat Regiment in 1922 joined the 19th Hyderabad Regiment retaining its identity as the 1st Kumaon Rifles.
In 1942 the 11th (Territorial) Battalion, 19th Hyderabad Regiment was regularised to become the 1st Battalion, Bihar Regiment.
In 1945 the 19th Hyderabad was renamed the 19th Kumaon Regiment. Post-independence, it has been known as the Kumaon Regiment.
The Bihar Warriors: A Historical Record of the Bihar Regiment, 1758-1986 by R D Palsokar. Danapur: Bihar Regiment, 1986
- 19th Hyderabad Regiment Wikipedia
- Kumaon Regiment Wikipedia
- Page 272 Valour and Sacrifice: Famous Regiments of the Indian Army by Gautam Sharma Google Books
Historical books online
- Valour Triumphs: A History of The Kumaon Regiment by K C Praval 1976. Copy and paste the following link in your browser
- http://lib.perdana.org.my/PLF/PLF2/Digital_Content/PLF/000013/OCRed/Valour Triumphs.pdf or
- access the archived version Archive.org.