7th Rajput Regiment
7th Rajput Regiment was formed in 1922 by the amalgamation of six existing regiments and consisted of five regular battalions and a training battalion.
- 1st Battalion: see 2nd (Queen's Own) Regiment of Rajput Light Infantry
- 2nd Battalion: see 4th (Prince Albert Victor's) Regiment of Rajput Infantry
- 3rd Battalion: see 7th (Duke of Connaught's Own) Rajput Regiment of Bengal Infantry
- 4th Battalion: see 8th Regiment of Rajput Infantry
- 5th Battalion: see 11th Regiment of Rajput Infantry
- 10th (Training) Battalion: see 16th Rajput Infantry (The Lucknow Regiment)
In 1947, upon Indian independence, became part of the Indian Army and was renamed the Rajput Regiment.
- History of the Rajput Regiment by Mustasad Ahmad published from 1977.
- Contents: v. 1 Heritage : 1778-1947 -- v. 2 Living up to heritage : 1947-1970 -- v. 3. Bejewelled heritage : 1970-2005 by Anil Shorey.
- Available at the British Library UIN: BLL01008834694
- 7th Rajput Regiment Wikipedia
- Drawing: Battle of Arakan, 1943: Men of the 7th Rajput Regiment Resting on South Hill with a Parasol Captured near the Mayu River on the Rathedaung Front by Anthony Gross 1943. iwm.org.uk