7th (Duke of Connaught's Own) Rajput Regiment of Bengal Infantry
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Known as 7th Rajputs
- 1861 became the 7th Bengal Native Infantry
- 1883 became 7th (Duke of Connaught's Own) Bengal Native Infantry
- 1893 became 7th (Duke of Connaught's Own) Rajput Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry
- 1903 became 7th (Duke of Connaught's Own) Rajput Infantry
- 1922 became 3rd Battalion 7th Rajput Regiment
- 1947 allocated to India on Partition and renamed the Rajput Regiment
- Pekin 1900
- 7th Rajputs British Empire website
- 7th Rajput Regiment Wikipedia
- Rajput Regiment Wikipedia
- "The British Campaign in Aden, 1914-1918" by Mark Connelly Journal of the Centre for First World War Studies Vol. 1, No. 3, 2005. pages 65-96, now archived. Includes brief mention of 7/Rajputs
- "7th (Duke of Connaught's Own) Rajputs in the First World War" researchingww1.co.uk. Includes extracts from War Diaries.
- 7th Rajput Mutiny Two soldiers were charged by court martial with the charge of Mutiny in 1916. flickr.com
Historical books online
- The History of the 3rd Battalion 7th Rajput Regiment - Duke of Connaught's Own by H. G. Rawlinson 1941. Central Secretariat Library (CSL) Digital Repository, Delhi. Archive.org mirror version.
- "Covers the period from 1778 to 1940. The principal campaigns described are - First Sikh War (1845-7), Second China War (1860), Egypt (1882), Third China War (1900), and then Aden and Mesopotamia in WWI."
- St. George and the Chinese Dragon. An Account of the Relief of the Pekin Legations by an Officer of the British Contingent by Colonel H B Vaughan 7th Rajputs 1902 Archive.org