The Madras Railway contract expired on 31 Dec 1907. The Jalarpet-Mangalore Mainline section which included the 'Azikhal-Mangalore Railway' was transferred to South Indian Railway(SIR) on 1 Jan 1908 .
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/16/1132 “Madras Railway Company, Contract for construction and working of a new railway from Azikhal to Mangalore ;1903”
Also the following IOR records relating to Staff employment are listed and may provide information concerning this railway:-
- L/F/8/1-20 "Appointments to State Railways made in the UK; 1855-1946"
- Z/L/F/8/1-2: "Index to Appointments to State Railways made in the UK; 1855-1946"
See Madras Railway up to 1907
and South Indian Railway from 1908
- “Administration Report on Railways 1918” pages 136 (pdf144); Retrieved 28 Nov 2016
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved 20 Jan 2016