Bhopal State Railway
The Bhopal State Railway was an Indian State broad gauge(BG) line , funded by Begum, Nawab of the Princely Bhopal State to connect Bhopal to the Great Indian Peninsula Railway(GIPR) line at Itarsi. The line comprised two sections, one in the territory of Her Highness the Begum of Bhopal, which joined to the ‘British Section’ to form the Bhopal-Itarsi Railway.
The railway was initially worked by ’Indian Midland Railway Company (IMR) under a Contract of 2 Oct 1885, amended 17 Feb 1891 to include the two sections and a Supplementary Contract of 1 Jan 1894 
- Ernest Ifill Shadbolt from the Public Works Department (PWD), Assistant Engineer, 1874 employed on the construction of Bhopal State Railway .
- Henry Thomas Geoghegan from PWD, Superintending Engineer, 1879, Bhopal State Railway Survey .
- “Administration Report on Railways 1918” pages 70-71 (pdf78-79 ; Retrieved 24 Mar 2018
- British Library ‘India Office Records’ L/F/8/14/988 “The Indian Midland Railway Company Limited, Contract for the maintenance and working of Bhopal State Railway, supplemental to the contract of 2nd October, 1885. Secretary of State”
- “Indian Biographical Dictionary” 1915 page 390; Retrieved on 30 May 2016
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 501 (pdf page 464) Retrieved on 30 May 2016