Bombay Horse Artillery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1811 1st Troop raised in Seroor
- 1858 taken into Royal Horse Artillery. In 1862 the Bombay Horse Artillery was absorbed into the Royal Horse Artillery as the 4th Royal Horse Artillery Brigade. 1st Troop was eventually named N Battery (The Eagle Troop)
- N Battery RHA Wikipedia
- "An Irish soldier in India" 11 October 2018 British Library Untold lives blog. Gunner Richard Scott Bombay Horse Artillery 1857-1859. He elected to take discharge ‘being unwilling to serve in HM Indian forces’ after the disbandment of the East India Company armies following the Indian Mutiny.
- History of 1st Troop Bombay Horse Artillery N (Eagle Troop) Battery Old Comrades Association
Historical books online
- The Bombay Artillery. List of Officers who have served in the Regiment of Bombay Artillery from its formation in 1749 to amalgamation with the Royal Artillery Compiled by Colonel F. W. M. Spring. Retired Pay, Royal Artillery. 1902. HathiTrust Digital Library. Archive.org version.
- "The New Artillery Amalgamation", pages 606-607 (December 1861) from Colburn’s United Service Magazine, Volume 97, 1861 Part 3 Google Books