Budge-Budge Branch Railway
The Budge-Budge Branch Railway was part of the Eastern Bengal Railway(EBR) broad gauge(BG) network and was opened in 1890. The line connected Budge-Budge to the EBR terminus a Sealdah and becoming part of the Calcutta suburban network.
‘It was sanctioned in 1886 as a line from Ballygunge to Kidderpore Docks, which was to be constructed by the Calcutta Port Commissioners' Railway; a tramway from Tolly’s Nullah, which belonged to the Port Commisioners, was taken over an incorporated in the line. Sanction to an extension to Budge-Budge was given in 1888 and the line opened in 1890.