Calcutta Naval Artillery Volunteers
The Calcutta Naval Artillery Volunteers was an auxiliary regiment.
- 21 September 1883 raised as the Calcutta Naval Artillery Volunteers
- c 1902 change of name to Calcutta Port Defence Volunteers/Volunteer Corps, Artillery/Garrison Artillery (exact details unclear)
- 1 April 1917 became Calcutta Port Defence Group Garrison Artillery
- 1 October 1920 became 1 Calcutta Port Defence Field Brigade
- 18th December 1925 amalgamated with IV. (Cossipore) Field Brigade to form Bengal Artillery (AFI)
First World War
Some members of the Calcutta Port Defence Volunteers, along with members of the Cossipore Artillery Volunteers, joined the Calcutta Volunteer Battery. Different detachments saw service in East Africa, Mesopotamia and Egypt.
- Auxiliary Forces in India "We Gunners", quoting India's Army by Major Donovan Jackson