Cawnpore-Achnera Provincial State Railway
The Cawnpore-Achnera Provincial State Railway was formed on 1st July 1884 from the merger of the Muttra Achnera Provincial State Railway, the Cawnpore Farukhabad Provincial State Railway and the Muttra Hathras Provincial Railway 
The Cawnpore-Achnera Provincial State Railway was owned by the Provincial Government and worked by the Rajputana-Malwa Railway.
The Cawnpore- Achnera Provincial State Railway was absorbed by the Rajputana-Malwa Railway on 1st October 1886. The Rajputana-Malwa Railway was owned by the Government of India(GoI) and was worked by the GoI from formation until 31st December 1905 and by the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR) from 1st January 1906. Note there is conflict of information, the IOR records indicate that the BB&CIR entered into a Contract to take over and work this railway in 1884. This is pending research.
The Bindrabin Branch Railway was to be worked by BB&CIR under a Contract dated 1889 - see IOR Record below to be investigated further
The Rajputana-Malwa Railway was absorbed by the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR) on 8th April 1907.
Refer to FIBIS Fact File #4: “Research sources for Indian Railways, 1845-1947” - available from the Fibis shop. This Fact File contains invaluable advice on 'Researching ancestors in the UK records of Indian Railways' with particular reference to the India Office Records (IOR) held at the British Library
An on-line search of the IOR records relating to this railway  gives the following: -
- L/F/8/13/941 “Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway Company, Contract as to taking over and working the Cawnpore Achnera Railway, subject to a contract dated 24th September, 1884”
- L/F/8/13/952 “Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway Company, Contract as to working the Bindrabin Branch Railway as part of the Cawnpore Achnera Railway” 1889
Also the following IOR records relating to Staff employment may provide information concerning this railway:-
- L/F/8/1-20 "Appointments to State Railways made in the UK; 1855-1946"
- Z/L/F/8/1-2: "Index to Appointments to State Railways made in the UK; 1855-1946"
- "Indian Railway Line History" pages 9 and 11 by Keith Scholey ;Retrieved 10 Dec 2015
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved 22 Jan 2016