Cawnpore-Burhwal Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cawnpore-Burhwal Railway
[[Image:|150px| ]]
Line of route
Cawnpore to Burwhal
Gauge / mileage
Metre gauge 80 miles (1905)
Timeline
1896 Line opened
Key locations
Presidency Bengal
Stations Bara Banki, Lucknow, Malhaur, Unao
System agency
Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway
How to interpret this infobox

To the south and north of the River Ganges lay the extensive metre-gauge systems of the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR) and the Bengal and North-Western Railway(B&NWR).

The Cawnpore-Burhwal Railway was a state line worked by the Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway (O&RR); it was simply an existing branch of the O&RR to which a third rail was added, creating a short, mixed-gauge link between the BB&CIR and B&NWR networks. [1] [2]

This Metre Gauge Link was owned by the Government of India and managed as part of the O&RR ( which became East Indian Railway from 1st July 1925). The line was later incorporated into the Cawnpore-Barabanki Railway .

External Links

References