Gauhati Branch Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Gauhati Branch Railway

Part of Assam Section of Eastern Bengal Railway(EBR) incorporating part of Kaunia Dharle Railway connecting Golakganj with Gauhati, a distance of 147 miles (235km).

Joseph Elston from the Public Works Department was the Engineer-in-Chief for the Survey in 1898 [1].

This Metre Gauge(MG) line was opened in 1906 and extended to reach Armingoan by 1909; where it linked to EBR’s Amingaon-Pandu Train Ferry; crossing the Brahmaputra River to the Pandu Ghat-Gauhati Railway connecting to Assam-Bengal Railway(ABR) at Gauhati.

Further Information

See Eastern Bengal Railway - Lines owned and worked

References