Henry Dangerfield (1844-1887)|
- 1868 January entered the Public Works Department(PWD) of the Government of India, and was employed as an Assistant Engineer on provincial works in Berar.
Railway Achievements in India
- 1872 June, Nizam’s State Railway posted from PWD, the construction of which was just commencing. He remained on that line for upwards of five years and a half; first for a short time as Assistant Engineer, and subsequently as Executive Engineer in charge of an important division, the construction of which he carried to completion .
- 1876 July, Nizam’s State Railway, at the opening of that line he was appointed to take charge as Manager and Engineer-in-Chief .
- 1878 Feb, Holkar & Sindia-Neemuch State Railways, transferred as Superintendent of Way and Works, and he held this post till Dec 1880, being also manager of the line for the last two years .
- 1880 Dec, Bhavnagar-Gondal State Railway in Kathiawar, his substantive appointment was that of Manager and Engineer-in-Chief , with James Rhind working under him as Locomotive Superintendent who, 'with very limited appliances, built the whole of the workshops, put up the machinery, and fitted up the entire rolling-stock for the line . He held the position of Manager and Engineer-in-Chief until his death in 1887 .
- 1883 Sept - 1885 Jan, Rajputana-Malwa State Railway, officiated as Manager .