Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Altitude:||285 m (935 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
|Indian Midland Railway|
|See our interactive map of this location showing|
places of interest during the British period
Jhansi was the headquarters of Jhansi District in the Allahabad Division of United Provinces during the British period.
- Jhansi City Imperial Gazetteer of India
- Jhansi (Lynchgate) Cantonment Cemetery News item dated 01 January 2012 Commonwealth War Graves Commission, now an archived webpage
- Murder In Jhansi, 1915: Major Marmaduke Henry Littledale Gale, 8th (Indian) Cavalry
- 1941-1945 Eastern Travels Part 2 by Cecil John Callis, Royal Corps of Signals. WW2People’s War. The author was posted to Jhansi in October 1941.
- Bhowani Junction – a brief but memorable encounter with Hollywood by Hamid Hussain April 12, 2013 forpakistan.org. "The geographic location of fictional Bhowani Junction was most likely Jhansi"
Historical books online
- Jhansi page 369 Report of the Commissioners Appointed to Inquire into the Sanitary State of the Army in India : with Abstract of Evidence, and of Reports Received from Indian Military Stations 1864 Archive.org