Kymore Cement Works Railway
The cement works at Kymore, about 45 km north-east of Katni, Central Provinces was established as 'Central Provinces Cement' in 1919 and production started in 1923. In 1936 it was the largest cement works in India and later became part of the 'Associated Cement Company' ..
The cement Works are at the end of a 15 km long branch from Jukehi station on the broad gauge(BG) East Indian Railway 'Jubbulpore Branch Line' connecting Allahabad to Jubbulpore.
Limestone and clay were quarried within a mile(1.6km) of the works anf gypsum was brought in by rail from Punjab and Rajputana. Coal was supplied from the Burhar  and Jharia coalfields .
The records show three BG locomotives dating from 1920 were at the works and this number increased in the ensuing years .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 “Industrial Railways and Locomotives of India and South Asia” compiled by Simon Darvill. Published by ‘The Industrial Railway Society’ 2013. ISBN 978 1 901556 82-7. Available at http://irsshop.co.uk/India. Reference: Entry MP33 page ....
- ↑ Wikipedia "Sohagpur - Burhar Coalfield"; Retrieved 9 Mar 2017