Ledo and Tikak Margherita Colliery Railway

From FIBIwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ledo and Tikak Margherita Colliery Railway
Dibru-Sadiya Railway 1942.jpg
1942 map
Line of route
Tinsukia to Ledo
Gauge / mileage
Metre gauge 8 Miles (1905)
Timeline
1945 Nationalisation
Key locations
Presidency Bengal
Stations Ledo, Tinsukia
System agency
Owned and worked by the
Assam Railways and Trading Company
1942 Worked by Bengal and Assam Railway
How to interpret this infobox

A short metre gauge(MG) railway in the extreme north-east corner of India, forming a branchline from Tinsukia to Ledo.

"The line was constructed by the Assam Railways and Trading Company(AR&TC) in 1883 and originally used only for the purpose of bringing coal from the mines on the south bank of the Dihing river to connect to the Dibru-Sadiya Railway. It was constituted a railway and its working was taken over by Dibru-Sadiya Railway from 1st January 1897" [1]

References

  1. ["Administration Report on the Railways in India – corrected up to 31st March 1918"; Superintendent of Government Printing, Calcutta; page 179; Retrieved 9 Feb 2018