R De Bourbel
Raoul De Bourbel Capt. R.E.(1872)
- 1850 Jun 14, Bengal Engineers, appointed 2nd Lieut. .
- 1855 Jan 23, Bengal Engineers, promoted 1st Lieut. 
- 1858 Aug 27, Bengal Engineers, promoted Captain 
- 1862 Apr 1, the Bengal Engineers (together with the Bombay and Madras Engineers) were amalgamated into the Corps of Royal Engineers (R.E.) .
- 1870 May 16, Joined PWD service .
- 1872 Civil List, Railway Department, Lucknow, Railway Branch Bengal Public Works Department(PWD) 
- 1882-87, Jubilee Bridge , known originally as the Hooghly River Bridge. Consulting Engineers to Government.
- 1888-c.1890, In charge of Jammu and Kashmir Railway construction 'General R De Bourbel R. E., the Chief Engineer of the State of Kashmir 
1904.Maj Gen Raoul de BOURBEL, 8th Marquis Montpinon, Marquis of Srinager Kashmir India retired Major General in the Royal Engineers died 25 Mar 1904 at Lahore India. Probate London on 1 Jul to Augustus Alfred de Bourbel retired Capt in H.M. Army and James Francis Herbert Collett Esq. Effects £2150 4s 6d
- "The New Army List - Royal Engineers , late Bengal Engineers 1864"; Retrieved on 4 Aug 2016
- Royal Engineers Museum "Engineers of the Honourable East India Company Army, 1750-1862; Bengal Engineers"; Retrieved on 4 Aug 2016
- Google Books "The Indian Army and Civil Service List - July 1872", page 82; Retrieved on 28 Jul 2016
- British Library IOR/R/2/1061/S” Railway from Sialkot to Jammu”, 1888