|Present Day Details|
Royapuram is a locality in the north east of Madras (City), north of the area which was called Black Town. The railway station is the oldest in South India,and was opened in 1856. It was the terminus station for the Madras Railway Company’s network.
- LDS Microfilms of Church registers in India for details of microfilms of church registers from Roman Catholic churches in Royapuram
- Catholic Churches in Madras
- Royapuram Wikipedia (retrieved 9 May 2016)
- Slideshow of images of the railway station June 22, 2013 The Hindu. There are currently (June 2013) plans to demolish the station
- "The station where railway employees first struck work" by Sriram V. June 23, 2013 The Hindu