Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway
|Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway|
|Line of route|
|Shahdara to Saharanpur|
|Gauge / mileage|
|2' 6" NG||93 miles (1943)|
|1907||Line opened to traffic|
|1970||Closed; later re-opened after conversion to broad gauge|
|Worked by Martin's Light Railways|
|1970||Taken over by Indian Railways|
|How to interpret this infobox|
The Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway (SSLR) was a 2ft 6in/762mm narrow gauge(NG) privately owned railway with a length of line of 92 miles when completed in 1907. The Shahdara(Delhi)-Saharanpur Light Railway Company had been formed in 1905. 
The line, which ran north from Shahdara, one of the north-eastern suburbs of Delhi, to Saharanpur, a junction on the Meerut to Umballa section of the North Western Railway with the Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway. The SSLR was distinguished as the first and only narrow gauge line to originate from Delhi. The SSLR was one of several small narrow gauge concerns owned and worked by Martin's Light Railways, a management company based in Calcutta.
According to IRFCA, the line closed in 1970 but was later taken over by Indian Railways, the line being converted to broad gauge and re-opened to traffic.
See page Martin's Light Railways