William Arthur Brunton
William Arthur Brunton (1840-1881) was the son of a notable engineer John Brunton
Railway Achievements in India
- 1857, Assistant Engineer, age 17, with the Scinde Railway(Sind Railway) and the Indus Valley Railway .
- Area Surveyor on the Scinde Railway(Sind Railway) and the Indus Valley Railway.
- 1859-1961. He was responsible for the erection of the thirty-two 45 foot (13.7M) spans of the Bahrun Valley Viaduct . This is the longest bridge on the Karachi-Kotri section and is a viaduct across the Bahrun River. Construction on this bridge was started on 5 March 1859 and completed on 26 January 1861 .
- 1868-70, District Engineer, Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway .
- 1870 returned to Britain and remained in his father's business until he died in 1881.
- Google Books "The Archaeology of an Early Railway System: The Brecon Forest Tramroads" by Stephen Hughes, page 126; Retrieved 14 Jun 2016
- "Karachi to Kotri: The First Railways in Pakistan" by Owais Mughal, 2009; Retrieved 14 Jun 2016