William Smith Betts
William Smith Betts Agent, 1861-95
References from "Marvels of the South Indian Railway 1859-1951".  With page numbers indicated #p.
- 1861, Agent of Great Southern of India Railway (formed in 1859) with its Headquarters at Negapatam. #p.9
- 1874, Agent of South Indian Railway(SIR) formed by amagamation with the Carnatic Railway Company. p#13
- 1879, Agent of Pondicheri Railway Company, joint with SIR. #p.18
- 1880, 'the Agent of the company moved his Headquarters from Negapatam to Trichinopoly #p.19
- 1895, retired, returned to England #p.214
- Southern Railway Heritage Centre,Trichinopoly "Marvels of the South Indian Railway 1859-1951". With page numbers indicated #p.