Willoughby Charles Furnivall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Willoughby Charles Furnivall (1837-1901)
Biography from Institution of Civil Engineers "Biographical Dictionary of Civil Engineers in Great Britain and Ireland - Furnivall, Willoughby Charles" .
- c.1860, Scinde Railway, District Engineer in charge of construction under John Brunton. Note Scinde, Punjaub & Delhi Railway as stated the the biography did not exist until 1870.
- 1867, Public Works Department(PWD), Furnivall joined the Railway Branch of the PWD to construct the Rajputana State Railway following the decision to construct that as a State line. He was sucessively in charge of the Delhi District and Agra District sections
- c.1874, Railway Branch - PWD, with the completion of the Rajputana State Railway Furnivall became Under Secretary of the PWD Railway Branch and then Joint Secretary to the Government of North West Provinces, in this position he was in charge of a number of locally administered State railways.
- Bengal Central Railway(BCR), Furnivall was an Engineer for the BCR. This would be in a 'on-loan from PWD' capacity
- Nizam's State Railway(NSR), he was responsible for extensions to the NSR as well as its general management This would be in a 'on-loan from PWD' capacity
- 1890, Furnivall left India.