Joseph Bonus (1836-1926); Major Gen. (1888); Major R.E.(1872)
His full biography is given in "Major General Joseph Bonus,Royal Engineers and Bombay Sappers and Miners" by Lieut.Col. Edward De Santisnnn  and relating to railways in section  "Railway Engineering In Northern India After The Indian Mutiny, 1858-1878".
- 1861 Sept, Deputy Consulting Engineer for Railways in the Sind Public Works Department(PWD) .
- 1870 Mar, Offg. Deputy Consulting Engineer N.W.Provinces 
- 1870 Sept, Indus Valley State Railway(IVSR) Executive Engineer 1st Class, on deployment from the Bengal Public Works Department (PWD) .
- 1872 Civil List, IVSR Executive Engineer 1st Class .
- 1873 Jul 14, IVSR Superintending Engineer 3rd Class - Kotree District .
- 1876 Sept, Sindia State Railway Engineer-in-Chief .
- 1877, IVSR Superintending Engineer 2nd Class - Kotree District .
- 1877, Punjab Northern State Railway (PNSR) transferred from IVSR 
- 1878 Jul-Oct, Offg. Consulting Engineer for Guaranteed Railways, Lahore 
- 1879 Oct, PNSR, Engineer-in-Chief for the construction from Rawalpindi(Pindi) to Peshawar 
- 1879-80, service in 2nd Afghan War .
- 1880, PNSR, Engineer-in-Chief for the construction from Rawalpindi(Pindi) to Peshawar; on deployment from PWD with promotion to Superintending Engineer 1st Class. This section of the PNSR was opened for traffic on the 1st of January 1881 .
- 1881-86, Joint Secretary for Railways and Consulting Engineer to the Government of Bombay  .
- 1886 Nov 25, promoted to Major-General and retired .
- Biography "Major General Joseph Bonus,Royal Engineers and Bombay Sappers and Miners" by Lieut.Col. Edward De Santisnnn; Retrieved on 4 Aug 2016
- Google Books "India List and India Office List -1905" page 444; Retrieved on 4 Aug 2016
- Google Books "The Indian Army and Civil Service List - July 1872", page 83; Retrieved on 4 Aug 2016