Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Present Day Details|
|State/Province:||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, old NWFP|
It was the location of a Royal Air Force base.
- RAF Risalpur rafweb.org
- Two postcards from the collection at the ETH-Bibliothek Zürich, sent by F.G. Prew, a soldier, probably in the 2nd Battalion, Essex Regiment to Adolf Feller of Switzerland. It appears he was visiting Risalpur, not based there.
- Newsreel: "On The Afghan Border - Air-Marshal Sir John Steel inspects the Bomber Squadron R.A.F. at Risalpur." 1934 britishpathe.com. May be viewed as a series of stills
- Risalpur Airfield c 1939 flickr.com
- My father's Indian experience: RAF Risalpur, near the Afghan border, sometime between 1944 and 1947. guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle
- "Exploring the North West Frontier from 21,000ft: RAF pilot's fascinating 1930s reconnaissance snaps of the Himalayas and Indus Valley emerge for sale more than 80 years on" by Amie Gordon 26 September 2018. dailymail.co.uk. With photographs, including Risalpur.