|Present Day Details|
|Place Name:||Sialkot District|
- North: Gujrat District and Jammu State
- South: Amritsar District
- East: Gurdaspur District.
- West: Sheikhupura District and Gujranwala District
In 1858, the district was divided into four tehsils: Sialkot, Zafrwal, Pasrur and Daska. In 1881, it was divided into a further tehsil of Daska. After 1912, parts of Daska and Pasrur Tehsils were given to Gujranwala District while parts of Raya Tehsil went to Sheikhupura District. By 1920, it had the following 4 tehsils: Daska, Pasrur, Sialkot and Zafarwal.
- According to the 1913-14 settlement, its area was 1,962 square miles.
The district's population in 1911 was 979,553.
Cities and Towns
North Western Railway 5 feet 6 inches gauge system within the district. The lines were:
- Branch line from Wazirabad to Sialkot to the frontier of the Jammu State.
- Section beyond Sialkot to Jammu Tawi
- Sialkot-Narowal Railway
Historical books online
- Sialkot District Imperial Gazetteer
- Gazetteer Of The Sialkot District 1895. A volume in the series Punjab District Gazetteers. Pdf download, Digital Library of India.
- Punjab District Gazetteers Sialkot District Vol. 23 Pt.a 1920. Pdf download, Digital Library of India.