|Altitude:||1,502 m (4,928 ft)|
|Present Day Details|
Solon was a hill cantonment in the Simla District, Punjab Province thirty miles from Simla, on the road to Kalka. It is also a station on the Kalka-Simla Railway. The date the cantonment was established is unclear. Possible dates range from prior to 1855 to c 1863. It was originally used as a rifle range.
Modern name: Solan Variant: Solon
- St Stephen, Solon. FIBIS database. Photographs of the church and eleven gravestones.
- Solan Wikipedia (retrieved 15 June 2016)
- Kasauli Brewery Wikipedia. The brewery was moved from Kasauli to Solan. Page 3 of this document advises the brewery was established in 1855 in Solan. original pdf html version himachal.nic.in
- 1800s Solan No. 1: The accidental legacy The breweries in Solan and Kasauli. livemint.com
- Mohan Meakin Limited Wikipedia
- From the photograph album of Harry Lamming, Battery Sergeant-Major of the 17th Pack Battery RGA. www.king-emperor.com
- Photographs by siddharthashukla on flickr.com
Historical books online
- "Solon" Imperial Gazetteer of India, Volume 23, page 73.
- "Solon", page 119 Gazetteer Of the Simla District 1904 Google Books
- page 2Gazetteer Of the Simla District 1904 Google Books