The Agra-Gwalior Railway was a broad gauge(BG) line from Gwalior to Agra and completed in 1881.
The Agra Cantonment to Dholpur section was opened in 1878; the Gwalior to Hetampur section, 1879; the final section Dholpur to Hetampur, 1881.Total line length 76 miles(122km) .
The railway, owned by Princely Gwalior State Durbar, appears to have been worked independently until 1885 when the Indian Midland Railway (IMR), a state agency, was formed to undertake the working of several existing broad gauge(BG) branch lines.
The IMR worked this line for a short time until amalgamated into the Great Indian Peninsula Railway(GIPR) broad gauge(BG) becoming part of the ‘Midland Section GIPR Mainline’
The 1918 Administation Report  describes this section of the GIPR being owned by Scindia State Railway
From 1885 to 1900 see Indian Midland Railway
From 1900 onwards see Great Indian Peninsula Railway
Also see Scindia State Railway for further clarification
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 “Administration Report on Railways 1918” page 65 (pdf73); Retrieved 15 Dec 2016