Henry Francis Storey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Henry Francis Storey (1838-1903)
- Public Works Department of the Government of India, 1868.
- Lahore & Peshawar Railway, 1868. Executive Engineer .
- Punjab Northern State Railway, Deployed to the on the construction of the Alexandra Bridge over the Chenab River .
- Neemuch Nasirabad State Railway, 1878. Posted to conduct the surveys.
- Indus Valley State Railway, c.1879. Engineer
- Kandahar State Railway, 1880. Engineer-in-Chief of the Jacobabad section .
- In the following year his services were acknowledged by the Government of India for 'arduous exertions rendered in the transport of troops and war material during the Afghan War, 1878-80.'
- Indus Valley State Railway and
- Kandahar State Railway, 1881. Appointed Engineer-in-Chief .
- In 1882 he received the thanks of the Government of India “for prompt and efficient arrangements made in passing, without delay, troops proceeding to Egypt during the heavy breaches in the line caused by floods and for prompt execution of repairs for early resumption of traffic.”
- In 1883 the designation of his office was changed from Engineer-in-Chief to Superintendent of Way and Works
- North Western Railway, 1886. Superintending Engineer .
- Chittagong, Chandpur and Comilla Railway Survey, 1887. In charge of survey for the Government of Bengal Railway Branch.
- Public Works Department, 1888.Transferred to Hyderabad and appointed Superintending Engineer and Secretary to Resident. He retired from the service of the Indian Government in May, 1893,
- "Grace's Guide - Henry Francis Storey”; Retrieved on 28 Apr 2016
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search for IOR L/F/8/8/753; "Storey, Henry Francis 3rd Class Executive Engineer, Lahore and Peshawar Railway"; Retrieved 28 May 2016