Neemuch Nasirabad State Railway
Also known as the Rutlam Neemuch Nusserbad Railway, the engineer Horace Bell is recorded as being deployed from the Railway Branch of the Public Works Department to this railway for a short time in late 1875. Henry Bawn Addis was Assistant Engineer with the record giving the Nimach Railway. Archibald Crellin Cregeen and Henry Francis Storey were posted in 1878-79 to conduct surveys also William Michell who held charge of the Tharod and Nimbhera subdivisions till their completion for traffic.
In 1881-82, the Rajputana-Malwa State Railway (RMSR) was created amalgamating, under single management, existing State Railways:-
- Neemuch Nasirabad State Railway together with
- Rajputana State Railway (RSR), which by 1874 connected Delhi to Agra via Alwar and Bandikui in 1874, extended to Ajmer in 1875 with the aim to reach Ahmadabad.
- Holkar State Railway, which had opened 1874 from Khandwa reaching Indore, 1876.
- Scindia-Neemuch Railway from Indore to Nimach, including a branch line from Indore to Ujjain opened in August 1876 . The entire line was completed in 1879-80
- Western Rajputana State Railway, known to have existed but no information found.
All these railways were worked by Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway(BB&CIR) State Railways; all worked by BB&CIR.
- James Condor was appointed Manager of Neemuch Nasirabad State Railway in 1881. He was, at the same time, Manager of Sindia-Neemuch Railway and Holkar State Railway .
- Google Books " India List and India Office List, 1905" page 465 (pdf page 428) Retrieved on 23 May 2016