Jamnagar and Dwarka Railway
|Jamnagar and Dwarka Railway|
|Line of route|
|Rajkot to Port Okha|
|Gauge / mileage|
|Metre gauge||54 miles (1905)|
202 miles (1942)
|1897||Section to Jamnagar opened|
|Stations||Dwarka, Jamnagar, Port Okha, Rajkot|
|How to interpret this infobox|
Jamnagar and Dwarka Railway(J&DR)
The first section of what was then called the Jamnagar State Railway connected Jamnagar to the Bhavnagar-Gondal-Junagad-Porbandar Railway at Rajkot. The metre gauge(MG)with a length of 54 miles (86km) opened for traffic in 1897.  
The line was worked as part of the Bhavnagar-Gondal-Junagad-Porbandar Railway system until 1911. Later, when the line was extended westwards to Dwarka and Port Okha on the Gulf of Cutch, the system was renamed the Jamnagar and Dwarka Railway(J&DR).
In 1948 the J&DR was merged to form the Saurashtra Railway
Kathiawar Peninsula Railway and Tramway Systems gives a map, timeline and relates this railway to others in the Kathiawar Peninsula.