The Gondal-Porbandar Railway was formed in 1911 as the nucleus of a new metre gauge(MG) system, with the ‘Gondal Railway’ working jointly with the ‘Porbandar State Railway’(PSR) thus forming the ‘Gondal-Porbandar Railway’  .
These railways had been worked by the Bhavnagar-Gondal-Junagad-Porbandar Railway(BGJPR) until 1911 when that coalition was broken up.
In 1911 the Jetalsar-Rajkot Railway , which had been worked as part of the GSR was formally brought under the administration of the ‘Gondal-Porbandar Railway’ following the breakup of the ‘Bhavnagar-Gondal-Junagad-Porbandar Railway’(BGJPR) coalition.
In 1948, GSR became a part of Saurashtra Railway.
Gondal-Porbandar Railway Network
Former Gondal Railway Lines
‘’Green on Map’’
At Dhasa the line connected to the ‘Bhavnagar State Railway’; and continued westward via Khijadiya (with connection to the ‘Khijadiya-Dhari Railway’ and via Jetalsar with connection north to the ‘Jetalsar-Rajkot Railway’ and south to the ‘Junagadh State Railway’; then via Dhoraji; then to Jamjodhpur (where it connected to the ‘Porbandar State Railway’
Former Porbandar Railway Lines
- ‘Quarry Branch’ was a short branch opened 1889, 3.7 miles(6km) 
The branch ran from Ranavav, about 20km east of Porabandar to a quarry
- ‘Porbandar Harbour Extension’, opened 1890, 3.7 miles(6km) 
Porbandar to Porbander Bandar
Lines added by Gondal-Porbandar Railway
- L/PS/10/257; "File 1073/1912 Railways: Native States; Gondal-Porbandar State Railway"; 1912-1919
- R/2/635/288; "File 1933 C/589-A Gondal-Porbandar-Grant of running powers to the Porbandar State railway over the Gondal Rly."; 1933
See Bhavnagar-Gondal-Junagad-Porbandar Railway up to 1911
See Gondal Railway up to 1911
See Porbandar State Railway up to 1911
See Gondal State Railway from 1919
Also Kathiawar Peninsula Railway and Tramway Systems gives a map, timeline
and relates this railway to others in the Kathiawar Peninsula.
- “Administration Report on Railways 1918” page 181 (pdf190); Retrieved 11 May 2020
- “British Library Archives and Manuscripts Catalogue” - Search; Retrieved 6 Apr 2016