Malwa Section BB&CIR Main Line
Metre gauge(MG) line, first section, originally named the Holkar State Railway opened 1874 from Khanwa to Sanawad; linking to the Scindia-Neemuch Railway from Indore .
Reaching Neemuch in 1880; linking to the Neemuch Nasirabad State Railway reaching Nasirabad in 1881 joining to the Nasirabad-Ajmer section that had opened in 1876; total length 392 miles(627km).
All these railways merged to form Rajputana-Malwa State Railway(RMR) in 1882.
In 1900 the RMR was merged to form the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway and became the Malwa Section of the BB&CIR MG Main Line. Later becoming the MG Ratlam Division of BB&CIR.
See Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway
and Bombay, Baroda & Central India Railway Network - Lines owned and worked
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 “Administration Report on Railways 1918” Page 22 (pdf 30) ; Retrieved 4 Nov 2016