Modern name: Sind/Sindh
Other spellings: Sinde, Scinde
- 1843 to 1847 - Province
- 1847 to 1936 - Division of Bombay Presidency.
- 1936 to 1947 - Province
Cities and Towns
- Mirpurkhas (Mirpur Khas)
- Nagar Parkar
For districts during the British period see article Bombay Districts.
The following are modern districts:
- Hyderabad District
- Karachi District
- Larkana District
- Nawabshah District
- Thar and Parkar District
- Upper Sind Frontier District
Sind Province "Wikipedia"
Panhwar.com a website about Sindh. Contains links to rare books to download, and to many articles, including two on maps called Historical Maps of Sindh and Maps of Sindh
Historical books online
- Collection of books on Sind panhwar.com
- Another collection of books panhwar.com
- The Sind Directory. With a map ... Also, a plan of Kurrachee ... A general description of the Punjab, etc. by George Bease 1862 British Library Digital Collection. Note: There do not appears to be any maps.
- The Tourist's Guide from Delhi to Kurrachee, describing the various towns ... commerce: railways: river communications: &c: &c: with a map. Lahore [c 1865?]. British Library Digital Collection
- A Gazetteer of the Province of Sind by AW Hughes 1876 Archive.org.
- The following volumes are available to read online on the Digital Library of India website, with mirror editions on Archive.org: Gazetteer of the Province of Sind by EH Aitken 1907. Pdf download, Archive.org version. This publication contains matters of a permanent character and general interest. ('A' volume) There are also additional 'B' volumes (probably seven) containing statistical tables and matters of local interest, published in 1919 and 1926-1928. The first six are available to read online on DLI
- Volume I- Karachi District: Archive.org/DLI 1910 (perhaps 1919?), Archive.org/DLI, , Pdf download DLI 1919, different digital file; Volume II- Hyderabad District, Pdf download 1927, Archive.org version; Volume III -Sukkur District, Pdf download 1919, Archive.org version; Pdf download 1928, Archive.org version; Volume IV- Larkana District, Pdf download 1927, Archive.org version; Volume V- Nawabshah District, Pdf download 1920, Pdf download 1926, Archive.org version; Volume VI-Thar and Parkar District Pdf download 1919, Archive.org version, different file. (Not available online: B Volume VII Upper Sind Frontier District, but it is available at the British Library IOR/V/27/63/110).
- Travels in Beloochistan and Sinde: accompanied by a geographical and historical account of those countries by Henry Pottinger (1816), Google Books,
- A Narrative of a Visit to the Court of Sinde: a sketch of the history of Cutch, from its first connexion with the British government in India till the conclusion of the treaty of 1819; and some remarks on the medical topography of Bhooj by James Burnes, Surgeon to the Residency at Bhooj 1829 Reprinted 1831 (1829 edition) Google Books
- Narrative of a Visit to the Court of Sinde at Hyderabad on the Indus: With a Sketch of the History of Cutch, and an Appendix by James Burnes, Bombay Army 3rd edition 1839 Google Books. Additional contents compared with the 2nd edition, but without the "medical topography of Bhooj"
- Speech of Captain William Eastwick, on the case of the Ameers of Sinde : at a special court, held at the India House, on Friday, 26th January, 1844 1844 Archive.org
- Dry Leaves from Young Egypt: being a Glance at Sindh before the Arrival of Sir Charles Napier by an Ex-Political [Edward Backhouse Eastwick] 1849 Archive.org. "Life at the fringes of empire: Edward Eastwick in Sind" 13 September 2016. British Library Untold lives blog.
- A letter to ... Sir J. Hobhouse ... on the baggage of the Indian Army by Sir Charles James Napier 1849 Google Books
- A Few Brief Comments on Sir Charles Napier's Letter to Sir J. Hobhouse, "On the Baggage of the Indian Army" by Lieut-Col W Burlton of the Bengal Cavalry, late Commissary-General of the Bengal Army 1849 Google Books
- Sir Charles Napier's Indian Baggage Corps. Reply to Lieut.-Col. Burlton's attack [i.e. to his pamphlet entitled: “A few brief comments on Sir Charles Napier's Letter to Sir John Hobhouse” by Major Montagu McMurdo, late Head of the Quartet-Master General’s Department of Scinde 1850 Google Books
- Selections from the Records of the Bombay Government: No XVII New Series. Includes Remarks On The Plants, And Articles Of Cultivation In Sind; Notes Relative To The Population, The Chiefs, etc In That Province; The Pearl Fishery, Sea Fishery, And Salt Beds Of Sind 1855 Google Books
- Narrative of a Residence at the Court of Meer Ali Moorad with Wild Sports in the Valley of the Indus by Edward Archer Langley, late Captain, Madras Cavalry. 1860. Volume I, Volume II Archive.org.
- Sind revisited: with notices of the Anglo-Indian army; railroads; part, present, and future, etc. by Richard F. Burton. 1877 Volume I, Volume II Archive.org
- Handbook of the Panjab, Western Rajputana, Kashmir, and Upper Sindh by Edward B. Eastwick, published by John Murray 1883 Archive.org
- The Land of the Five Rivers and Sindh: Sketches Historical and Descriptive by David Ross 1883 Archive.org. Note that page 1 (at least) is missing, which may be obtained from this link
- History of General Sir Charles Napier's Administration of Scinde, and Campaign in the Cutchee Hills by Sir William Francis Patrick Napier 1851 Google Books